It's almost that time of the year, camping season! Here are eleven great tips and tricks that seem almost genius like, especially if you want to be more comfortable and better prepared during your annual camping trip:
- Use foam floor tiles on your tent floor, this will make your nights softer and more comfortable.
- Bring something to deter ticks. You will be in their home not yours, be smart and stay safe.
- TP is valuable resource in the wild, bring more than enough and protect it using a plastic coffee can with a slit cut in it.
- Invest in a two person sleeping bag. Snuggling is prohibited in a single bag.
- Make a few easy carry fire starters using match light charcoal and cardboard egg cartons. Great for starting fires with damp wood. Of course it never rains while camping!
- Add bundles of sage to your campfire to keep mosquitoes away.
- Bring lots of microfiber towels, they're super absorbent, lightweight and easy to wash.
- Freeze gallon jugs of water and keep them in your cooler. They'll keep your food cold and you'll have plenty of drinking water when they melt.
- Warm sandwiches taste so much better. Bring a campfire panini press. It will turn a lousy cold cut sandwich into a delicious hot ham with melted cheese in a few minutes.
- Pack a survival bag, keep it separate and additional to your other items. Pack duct tape, utility knife, band aids, TP, antiseptic, advil, pepto bismal, extra batteries...
- Entertainment. Be sure to have things that everyone likes: music speakers, RC cars and boats, drones to fly, fishing rods...
- Lastly, make sure you bring your cameras. Most phones are not water proof or shock resistant, so always take a rugged action camera that is water proof at lake and rugged while hiking.
Enjoy and record all your adventures!